Home made cakes
We serve snacks, cream teas, sandwiches and hot meals all day long. The dish of the day is usually ready by noon.
Rachel's Home-Made Cakes
- Apple and cinnamon cake - served warm with cream
- Chocolate zucchini cake - a moist cake served with cream
- Carrot cake - moist and sweet with a vanilla frosting
- Coffee cake - with icing flavoured with Bailey's Cream Liqueur
- Lemon & lavender cake
- Chocolate fudge brownie - Gluten-free with walnuts - rich and gooey
For a special treat we also serve our chocolate brownies meltingly warm with clotted cream or ice cream
Rachel's Home-Made Scones
Every morning Rachel (or someone here) gets up early to bake batches of scones, which we serve warm with Cornish clotted cream and jam. We offer a choice of raspberry, strawberry or blackcurrant jams and occasionally we have been able to come up with damson or gooseberry or even cloudberry jam, depending what George has had for his breakfast that morning. We also bake cheese, chocolate and gluten-free scones.
Of course we provide the traditional tea room staples of hot buttered toast, crumpets and toasted teacakes, served, if you wish, with honey or a choice of delicious jams.
For Young Children
For youngsters we are happy to provide simple food and drink at reduced prices. Drinks include orange squash, ribena and milk. Sandwiches without fuss or frills, made from white or brown bread, can include Marmite, Jam, Honey, Peanut Butter, Ham or Cheddar cheese.